Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Just a Glimpse...

...of what's been going on recently.  And not so recently, as in since the last time we blogged!  :-0  :-)

Really not so much out of the ordinary has happened here the last while though.  Kin and I both went back to the States for a couple weeks mid June, leaving Hans, Mali, and Alyssa in charge of clinic.  I was back for my brother's and another friends' wedding, and Kin was back to give her mother a surprise welcome home after having been in Austria doing cancer treatment for several months!

I was extra excited about coming back this time, since I didn't have to come alone!  My little sis, Ataley, (who all the Haitians can't believe is bigger than her older sister;) came back to spend a few weeks with me!  

Last Friday she was Dr. Felix's assistant while he did a small surgery to remove a large cyst from a man's head.   

I know, it's kinda gross.  Maybe I should've added a disclaimer to this post.  :). But it was pretty neat to see that huge fatty blob of tissue removed!  :0 :)

We've had a steady number of births the last month too.  I think this was the first of three that our team has done the last couple weeks!   

Well I hope no one was hoping for a more exciting blog post, cause if you can't tell, my inspiration to write it hasn't just been bubbling over...

Maybe next time. ;)

One more thing...I know it sounds trite, but keep serving God wherever you are!  :). He is a GOOD and faithful God! 

-whit


2 comments:

Paiges Pages said...

Hi Whitney, or whoever sees this!! Hopefully you remember me, I'm Ashley's sister and recently started a blog of my own!
That is nice that Ataley could come with you!
Awwwwww!! Those babies are so cute! I love seeing pictures of them, they are just adorable! (I really say that with every baby that I see!)

God is always there to give you strength for every battle, wisdom for every decision, and rest after every hardship.
"Come to me all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

You all are doing amazing things for the Lord and will be rewarded one day!
God Bless,
~Paige

Paiges Pages said...

Hi Whitney, or whoever sees this!I'm Ashley's sister and recently started a blog of my own.
Aww! Those babies are so cute! They are just adorable! (I really say that with every baby that I see! :)

The Lord always gives you strength for every battle, wisdom for every decision, and rest after every hardship.
"Come to me all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."
Matt 11:286
You all are doing amazing things for the Lord and will be rewarded one day!!
God Bless,
~Paige

New Website/Blog!

 This Blog is being replaced!      We're Excited to announce that our new website has launched! The new website has a whole new blog bui...