Friday, July 1, 2011

From the nurse. . .

Well, it's good to be back at the clinic! For the first while after I got back from my 4 week visit in the States I was working at the CTC. We have others who are volunteering to come for a few weeks or months at a time and helping there, and I am able to focus more at the clinic again. Here are just a few pics from my day today at the clinic.


I thought it was about time to give you an updated picture of our Haitian clinic staff. We now have a new nurse since Mis Louda got married and a new pharmacist since our main one had to leave because of her husband's stroke and another one got a different job.

R-L Back row: Direk (runs the front desk), Madme Jean Mark (pharmacist), Madme Jean Claude (assistant pharmacist/cleaning lady), Adolf (pulls the charts and weighs the patients),



Front row: Mis Joslen (our new nurse), Mis Leida (nurse), Madme Daniel (cleaning lady/also does laundry at the CTC right now)



This little girl was one of the people I saw today. She had a really nasty skin infection. You can't really see it in the pic, but her ear was just covered in soars.











I know this isn't clinic, but we as nurses do other things too!




The other day Thea and I just spent some time on the porch with our friends Selma and Tislen. We put a puzzle together. They thought it was the neatest thing. It was a new thing to them! We had fun!






They were so happy when they figured out how it worked!











No comments:

New Website/Blog!

 This Blog is being replaced!      We're Excited to announce that our new website has launched! The new website has a whole new blog bui...